Monday, November 16

{Happy birthday to the twins!}

I cannot believe Austin and I are 23 years old now! 22 wasn't much of a shock but I have to say that 23 has been a weird one for me.

It has been fun to evaluate where I thought I would be at this age and where I am. I am so
excited to be almost finished with school, married to my sweetheart, and about to enter the
big-wide world of adulthood! And yes, I'm aware I technically entered that world some years
ago. I am more referring to Lance getting a job and us knowing where we are going to be on a
more permanent basis. I look forward so much to what life has in store for us!


I started off the day sleeping-in and skipping all my classes :) You can't go to class on your birthday!
Next, Courtney took me to lunch to PF Changs which was delicious! Thanks Court.

And to top it all off, I headed home for a hot home-cooked meal made by my momma. We didn't get a group picture but everyone was there! Including Scott, Keaton, and Trisha who
came down from Salt Lake to celebrate with us.

I love this boy! Who better to share your birthday with? We have never been apart for our
birthdays and I hope we never are.

Austin and I got our "birthday baskets" (of course!) and we each requested our own "cake".
For those of you who don't know, we almost never have cake for birthdays at the Merrell home.
My mom is a fantastic pie-maker so we usually request peaches n cream pie. My mom always
makes 2 of them and they are gone in a blink of an eye! This year I requested pumpkin pie. Thanks mom!


Blowin out the candles! Notice that even though I am 5 minutes older than Austin,
he still got more candles than me this year. What a rip-off. :)


My sweet husband knows I have been wanting a pair of True Religions for awhile
so he bought me the cutest pair of skinny jeans for my birthday ! I absolutely love them.
My mom got me a darling shirt and necklace and the Walkers gave me a certificate for a Sushi dinner. Yum! I can't wait for that one.

What a fantastic birthday! Thank you to everyone for the phone calls, texts, and gifts.
You really helped make this birthday a special one :)

2 comments:

gardnerfamily said...

I love all the pictures of Halloween and your birthday. Wish we could have celebrated with you... Savannah is really getting into birthdays and especially "cake!" Can't wait to see you in only a few days!

Jan said...

Your mom DOES make the best pie. I used her peach pie recipe for Thanksgiving this year and last year, and it was a hit!