Monday, December 14

{sick}


I didn't want to put a damper on my earlier post, but the only thing the stork
has actually brought me so far is sickness. Really really bad morning sickness
that, (surprise!) is not morning sickness at all.

It came all too fast right around 6 weeks and has been my constant companion
for the last 2 months. I lost 15 pounds, weighing in at a disgustingly skeletal-like 90
pounds. We unfortunately spent Thanksgiving in the ER getting fluids pumped into me
(who knew Saline could be so wonderful?).

It's been a bumpy road. My sweet husband has cooked, cleaned, done
laundry, gone shopping, and at times spoon fed and dressed me when I was too weak.
He's tirelessly rubbed my knot of a back, my feet, and played with my hair; anything
to ease the tireless nausea and tummy ache. It's like having a really bad flu for 2 months.
Other close friends and family have also pitched in cleaning, running errands, and bringing
us meals. My good friend Emylee even strung our Christmas tree with lights because
I was so excited about it but was too weak to do it myself.

I am a weeping mess right now as I write this because I am so aware of the many
angels in my life who have come to my aid in my time of need. And I couldn't
be more thankful for them. It is true that the Lord is aware of us, our every need,
and He will provide for us always. The only true peace on this earth can be found
in His loving arms. I know this now more than I ever have.

I am pleased to say that at my 12 week check-up, we heard the strong and very healthy
heart beat of our baby :) And 2 nights later, I slept ALL the way through the
night. Things have gradually been getting better since then. I'm to the point now
where I can walk into the kitchen without throwing up. I can get dressed without losing
my breath. And I've gained back 5 pounds.
We are crossing our fingers it just gets better from here :)

I know I should just be focusing on the fact that I'm feeling better with
this little one, but all I can think about are the 6 other kids Lance wants!
He assures me we can just take them one-by-one. :)

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Hang in there, Chrissy! I was never sick with my first, but was sick for 3 months with my 2nd. So, there is hope for the 6 other pregnancies. :) I hope you get feeling better soon. Thanks goodness for good husbands, family, and friends!

Cara Grenny said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! So exciting!

Danielle and Preston said...

My sis went through the exact same thing! It gets better girl! Her next baby she didn't get sick at all. Hope you feel better!

McKenzie said...

Chrissy! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick! It really does get better! The 2nd trimester is like HEAVEN verses the first! And, I completely understand the throwing up feeling when walking into the kitchen--except we lived in a studio this summer in Washington, so it was nasty all the time. :)

Anyway, we are SO excited for your little one! And can't wait to find out what you're having!

Latissa Marie Graham, L.M.T said...

Oh Chrissy! I am sorry to say I know probably exactly how you feel. I am now 4 months pregnant, and have lost 14 pounds, and still have to take zofran every night. I ended up in the ER due to dehydration as well. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through the same thing!! I can only say I hope it gets better, for both of us.

Chelsey Meier said...

Hey Chrissy! You and your husband are so adorable!Congrats on the baby! That is so exciting!I am so sorry that you've been so sick! Hope it continues to get better!

Lexi said...

Chrissy! Hey, Congrats on the baby!!! But I am so sorry you have been that sick! That is horrible! I hope you get better soon so you can enjoy it! good luck :)

Shannon said...

Oh Chrissy! That is awful!!!! I really hope it gets better soon for you. Man I thought I felt sick... but hearing about you losing that much weight and having to go the hospital. I'm so sorry. I would love to bring you meal? What are you able to eat. I know when you are pregnant there are some things that just make you feel so much sicker... So what sounds good? Let me know. I REALLY want to help you!